Friday, December 4, 2015

Prayer Update #3:

Here is a copy of our latest email Prayer Letter.  If you would like to receive future updates in your inbox, let us know.



We just returned from many miles of travel.  We are spending a very busy month of December finishing up responsibilities here at Covington Bible Church and getting ready for four months of ministry in Micronesia.  You will pick up more news in the list of praise and prayer items below.  Please share your prayer requests with us.  We want this to be a partnership.

Part of the busy-ness of this season is Christmas.  For a number of years our church has presented a Live Nativityto our community. Kathy is one of the leaders in setting up Bethlehem.  I get to wrangle goats & donkeys, as well as play a part in the presentation.  Tonight is the first of the three night presentation.  Please pray for this outreach.

I am working on our mailing list, so some of you are receiving this communication for the first time.  (For some of you who were just this morning added to the list, most of this note is repetition.  You have already received a note with the rest of what is in this email.)  If these communiques are just clutter in your inbox, let me know and I will remove you from the list.

Our life is really busy, right now, but that is how it is supposed to be. Below are some items for which you can join us in thanksgiving, and which you can present to our Lord as petitions.  Thanks for partnering with us.

I (hm) just returned from a short trip to Guam and Palau.  Pacific Islands University's main campus is in Guam.  There I met with some key administrators to get up to speed on some procedures and policies in regard to running the Teaching Facility in Palau.  Most of us would call it an "Extension," but for some reason, that I don't understand, our accrediting agency doesn't want us to call it that.  I'm calling it PIU-Palau.  In Palau I met with some key leaders in the Palauan Evangelical Church.  This is the group of churches that was planted by Liebenzell Mission.  Liebenzell also started PIU.  LMUSA is the agency through which Kathy and I are undertaking this mission venture.

We will continue to post information about our mission venture at http://micronesianadventure.blogspot.com/.  It always does my heart good to look at the stats, there, and see that someone has clicked on our page.  Kathy likes it too, I tell her about it.  :)

Here are a few items to pray about, and matters for which we are thankful:

 
  • Our many thousands of miles of travel--me to Micronesia, and Kathy to Louisiana--were safe and mostly uneventful.  
  • HM's time in Micronesia was productive.
  • Kathy had a great time with family at Chad's house near Monroe LA.  Howard was able to join the rest of the family for their Thanksgiving meal, via Skype, and offer the Thanksgiving prayer over the meal.
  • Thanks to our partners in the Palauan Evangelical Church, we have been able to reserve an efficiency apartment for our stay in Palau, January - April, this spring.
  • We have also been able to make arrangements for a car, that should meet our needs for the four months we are in Palau.
  • I asked you to pray for the things I needed to get done before I left a couple of weeks ago.  Mostly, I finished.
  • Kathy and I continue to be humbled and encouraged by the support we are receiving.  One of our young prayer-supporters gave a fist-pump when he heard that I was home safe.  Wow!
     
  • We are finishing up our long time of pastoring at Covington Bible Church.  At the end of this month, for essentially the first time in my adult life, I will no longer be a pastor of Covington Bible Church.  We are very thankful for the way our church is working with us, but there is some emotion involved in this transition.
  • The key human ingredient to the success of our venture in Palau is having students enrolled in PIU-Palau.  Pray for the contacts that are being made as I write.
  • Pray that we will be a blessing to the Palauan Evangelical Church and other sound churches in the nation.
  • Pray that Kathy will find the right place to plug in.
  • I'll have new numbers in the next day or two about our support level.  I'll share them when they come.
 
Our Prayer card is copied at the top of this email.  If you don't have one, and would like to have one, let us know.


Again, thank you.  Stay in touch.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment