Friday, October 7, 2016

Prayer Update, 10/7/16

Welcome to H&K's mailing list.
View this email in your browser


I'm writing this from the United Lounge in Dulles.  Burned my free pass so I could take advantage of the free food.  The skies may not be as friendly as they used to be, but the soup isn't bad.
I'm on my way to Bad (Bath) Liebenzell in Germany.  I'll land in Frankfurt.  My friend Dave Owen, President of Pacific Islands University will be meeting with some leaders at Liebenzell Mission Germany.  We'll be talking about how we can do the most good in Micronesia.  Thanks to the not too friendly pricing policies of United.  I fly back to Dulles, next weekend, and leave for Palau the next morning.  If you want to check out the online portion of the class, clickhere.  I'll be leading 10 sessions of the Marriage and Family class,October 17-28.  Kathy isn't with me on this whirlwind trip.  Speaking of which, I am praying for those impacted, and some mourning, because of the hurricane.
Kathy and I will be returning to Palau January - April, 2017.  I'll be teaching and we'll be promoting PIU, and serving the Lord as opportunities arise.

A couple of Prayer Requests:
  • Whether I am safe or not is of little consequence.  If I crash in the Atlantic, however, it will mess up a bunch of plans.
  • Pray that Dave, the brothers and sisters in Germany, and I will "click."  Good conversations, iron sharpening iron, the courage to say and do the right thing, the wisdom to say it with grace.
  • Continue to pray for growth in the student body at PIU on our main campus and at our extensions, including PIU-Palau.  Pray that I might make some good contacts during this two weeks.
  • Pray for Kathy while she is holding down the homestead.
Kathy and I are thankful and humbled that you choose to partner with us in prayer and support.
Please let us know how we can be praying for you.


We will continue to post information about our mission venture at 

H&K's Micronesian (and other) Adventures

Our Prayer card is copied at the top of this email.  If you don't have one, and would like to have one, let us know. 

The picture of my granddaughter, Ava, has nothing to do with this letter,  I just figured you'd enjoy it.

Howard for both K & H

 

Our mailing address is:
Howard & Kathy Merrell
2106 S. Carpenter Drive
Covington VA 24426

No comments:

Post a Comment