Friday, March 20, 2015

After a side trip to Hawaii, I arrived here on Guam, Thursday night.  My flight from Roanoke to Chicago was fine.  Shortly after I got to the gate to board the flight for Narita Japan, the announcement was made that the plane had mechanical difficulties.  "We will arrive in Japan too late for anyone to make their connections."  So I went to the service counter.  It is Spring break so, almost all the alternate flights were full.  I was re-booked to Honolulu via LAX.  The new route required an overnight delay in Hawaii so United fixed me up with a nice hotel and cab. fair.  I was not far from Waikiki beach.  I took a walk & saw some nice scenery.  Since my schedule had some leeway on this end, it wasn't a bad delay.

Since my arrival I've been occupied with getting settled, getting adjusted to the right time zone, and studying.  My first class is on Wednesday.

I've done some website/email work related to back home in Covington.

This morning I walked for about an hour over at Anderson South, and went to a flea market.  I saw a lot of fruits and vegetables that I don't recognize.  I'm hoping to eat some.  I'm looking forward to taking Kathy to both places.

Thanks to all of you for working with us.  I'll be in touch.

HM

2 comments: