Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Big Trip, part 3:

At the end of the last post, Nino and I were at the TRACS Conference in Garden Grove, CA. I took Nino to the airport to head back to Guam early on Saturday, November 9. After finishing my night's sleep I packed up to move out of the hotel where the conference was held. I needed seek less pricey accommodations.
I'll let pictures do most of the talking for the rest of my time in CA.

I interned under Pastor Ralph White, at the Johnstown (PA) Bible Church, in the summer of 1970. I lived with He, Doris, and their kids in the big, old parsonage. It was a pleasure to see Doris, Ralph, and their daughter Darlene. I'll next see Doris in heaven.


Matt Mclain did a lot of his growing up at Covington Bible Church.
It was great to spend time with Matt, Jessica, and their kids. Dr. McLain is a teacher at Master's University.


Dr. George & Prisca Shakwelele are new missionaries with Liebenzell USA. George is involved in recruiting and is representing us on the West Coast. 


George provided me with introductions to a number of administrators at Biola University, including Dr. Barry Corey, President.

This is probably a good place to stop. Before I do I want to thank Dr. Corey for the gift of a book he wrote. I read it on a couple of my flights. I recommend it. Dr. Corey's book is a good reminder that we should develop habits of kindness, like saying "Thank You." So, Thank You, to all have helped along the way, and prayed for me on this trip, and for Kathy, back on Guam.

More to come.


No comments:

Post a Comment